Some of the main features of the sensor are:
• The sensor can comprise one or more measuring heads at different installation depths to adapt to the different depths of the root apparatus of the crop.
• Presence on board of a dual processor for determining the VWC and communication management.
• Power supplied by a type D battery able to ensure 12 months of autonomy in the case of daily data transmission.
• Communication: the sensor has multiple connectivity
• ISM free band radio for communicating with the gateway in LORA technology; range 15 km
• GPRS modem for putting the sensor online (IOT, Internet Of Things).
- Adaptability and performance:
The sensor in question is totally customisable in all of its components, starting from the selectable transmission vector (radio, GPRS or wired version) and up to the power supply (batteries or solar panels). The adaptability of the sensor also extends to the applications on which this sensor can be used to perform smart maintenance of lawns for sports use, to prevent fungal plant diseases in crops, and much more.
- Long battery lifetime:
The operational lifetime is guaranteed for 12 months using a type D battery in the case of daily data transmission.
- Sturdy and reliable construction:
Ut makes it an instrument with a long lifetime, which safeguards the customer’s investment.
The sensor can comprise one or more measuring heads and be installed at different depths. In this way it can reach the root systems of any crop and hence allow the iMoisture sensor to be used standard in any crop.
The sensor is easily installed in the soil by removing a 10 cm diameter core from it slightly higher than the sensor. The instrument is totally inserted while taking care to place part of the soil removed on its sides and on top, and lastly a signal picket is placed in the immediate vicinity. The measurement is performed thanks to a vertical cylindrical crown, coaxial with the sensor, about 20 cm high and 10 cm thick, whose centre line plane coincides with the horizontal axis of the sensitive part.
The sensor requires no maintenance, but requires battery replacement should they go flat.
COMPONENTS THAT CAN BE ADDED OR BE BUILT INTO THE PRODUCT
The sensor in question can be supplied in different configurations: wired, with LORA radio connectivity and with GPRS connectivity. Depending on the type of installation chosen, a number of possible customisations are available upon request.
Connectivity: • Dual band GPRS modem
• RF modem in ISM free band
• Also a wired solution is available
Battery lifetime: 12 months with daily transmission
Range of measurement: 0-100 %
Operating temperature: 0 – 50 C°
Precision: ±3 %
Minimum Quantity : 1
|Accuracy (error of the measurements)
|Unit of measurement
|Data Refresh Time (mins)
|External Power Supply
|See available docs for iMoisture - Soil Moisture Sensor
|Purchase operations complexity
|Assembly/Calibration Operations Complexity
|Deployment operation Complexity
|Data Analysis Operations Complexity
|Citizen Science Activities Complexity
|Assembly Public Involvement
|Deployment Public Involvement
|Data analysis Public Involvement
|Single citizens; local groups; local authorities
iMoisture - Soil Moisture Sensor currently, does not have any additional pictures